- Ya see, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done some good things for us do me a favor - go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, all your CD's and burn 'em. Cause you know what, all those great musicians who's music has enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fu**ing high on drugs.
- —Bill Hicks on drugs
- Hell yeah bro! Been a Tool fan hanging with the Hicks since '92.
- —Corporate Maggot on Tool and Bill Hicks
- How do you spell pretentious? B-I-L-L H-I-C-K-S!
- —The biggest idiot in the entire world on Bill Hicks
William Melvin "Bill" Hicks (December 17, 1961 - February 27th, 1993) was an American actor, singer/songwriter, and stand-up comedian. In his acts, he often criticized popular culture, the masses, banality, and government stupidity. He died of Pancreatic Cancer in 1993
Bill Hicks discovered his love for comedy in his teenage years, and eventually strived to become a comedian criticizing the stupidity of mass government sheep. In 1975 he began his first act, which failed miserably, and got him booed off stage.
Bill Hicks contemplated suicide the next morning because of his failure. He stood atop a bridge and said to himself "The only way to calm it all...is to end it all!" Right when he was about to jump off, however, a sign caught his eye, and it said "Comedians - Signing any up for free! Just come on down to building 52!" Bill Hicks, saving his own life, smiled, and headed toward the building. He also worked in Possum City once in his life.
|This page is under construction.|